Launching EMDS 8.5 for ArcMap 10.x
On December 15, 2021, MVBG has launched EMDS 8.5 for ArcGIS desktop. In this version, we have introduced the following new capabilities:
- Refined interface to EMDS products produced for ArcGIS Map 10.x.
- Created unified backend services system that supports the desktop GIS systems: ArcGIS Map 10.x, ArcGIS Pro, and QGIS.
- Code optimization and support for parallel processing, resulting in 10- to 100-fold speed increase in computationally intensive processes.
- Re-engineering of database management components to increase record handling from a current limit of about 800,000 features to 3.2 billion vector features for ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro, along with rasters with upto 16 billion pixels on ArcGIS Pro.
- Re-engineered NetWeaver and CDP engines to be 64-bit.
- Leverages Sqlite as the backend database
- Implementation of provenance tracking and forking of analysis at anytime. All user interactions with the system are tracked. Provenance tracking provides complete documentation of all analytical steps, assuring that highly complex analyses can be faithfully reproduced at a later time or by third parties. Provenance tracking also enables users to roll back any desired number of steps in a complex analytical process and pivot to new pathways.
- Add Portfolio Management.
- Allows for comparing different analysis and tasks in a project.
- Includes a report designer and several stock reports